A boarding kennel may expose your pet to microorganisms that cause health problems.
When you choose In Home Pet Care, a pet sitter can visit your home several times each day and again in the evening. Your pets surroundings and routine stay the same. He feels safe and comfortable and can still enjoy human interaction and exercise.
In addition, your property will not appear dark and empty while you are gone, giving you the added benefit of home security.
Pueblo’s Best Pet Care is now offering in-home nail trimming for Dogs and Cats !
Taking your pet to the groomer or the vet’s office to have their nails trimmed, can be costly and is often traumatic for both of you. We can trim them safely in your own home in minutes.But do cats really need a nail trim ?Dr. Marty Becker of Vetstreet.com says “Why nip the tips? It makes life more comfortable for both you and your cat. If you have one of those cats who needs to knead you — and who pokes those sharp tips into your skin — you know what I’m talking about. Taking off the very end of those claws will make this loving gesture something you can enjoy, rather than dread. For your cat, clipping his tips can prevent painful broken claws that can result when a sharp tip gets caught in the carpet. And yes, having those claws a little less lethal will reduce the damage should your fashion-conscious cat decide to give the corner of you “
Call us to schedule a visit soon !
“Do you provide care for animals other than dogs and cats?”
The answer is YES ! Pueblo’s Best Pet Care visits all kinds of animals. Pet sitting is not just walking dogs. More and more city dwellers as well as country folk are utilizing the “know how” of today’s pet sitter.
At Pueblo’s Best Pet Care we love them all, and have quite the variety of our own.
As busy as everybody is, we all agree that pet care needs to be a priority for our animal friends, and we have had experience with dogs, cats, fish exotic birds, amphibians, reptiles, horses, cattle, rabbits, llamas, ferrets, a hedgehog and chickens! Whew.
These days, more suburban and urban folks alike are getting on the chicken bandwagon. Whether to earn extra money from eggs or to enjoy themselves, they’re both saving “scratch” at the grocery store! They need some special care but it’s nothing we at Pueblo’s Best Pet Care can’t walk you through. It’s inexpensive, and really does pay off if your troop goes through a lot of eggs !
At Pueblo’s Best Pet Care, the welfare of your pet is at the top of our list. Many times we can alert a pet owner to health problems we spot while walking or pet sitting.
With Springtime finally around the corner, smaller dogs may begin to scratch!
The people At “Hills Science Diet” have this to say…“Allergies are all too common and the same pollens and house dust that cause allergic reactions in people often cause allergic dermatitis in small and toy breed dogs. Allergic dermatitis is an inflammation of the skin. It can be caused by many things, but regardless of the source, the end result can be licking, scratching, maybe even hair loss, but definitely discomfort for your smaller dog. Your veterinarian may try to help manage your dog’s allergy by numerous methods including injections, oral medications,nutritional management, topical shampoos, dips, ointments and environmental treatments. At home, you can provide plenty of clean water (your Veterinarian may even recommend distilled water). Do not hesitate to call your vet if questions or problems arise. “
Pet Sitters or Kennels
As your pet ages, the introduction of a new environment can be taxing and sometimes increase levels of anxiety. Using in-home care or pet sitters for older pets will give them the personalized attention they need and give you peace of mind. At the same time in some kennel environments younger and older animals get minimal personal time and this can add to their stress levels.
1. Estimate How Often You Intend to Travel If you are away from the house for extended periods or find yourself traveling more, in-home care or Pet Sitters may be a better fit for your lifestyle. Dog walking and pet sitter services, which provide your dog with one-on-one care when you are out of town can be a great way to care for your animal. In addition, you can confident that the pet sitter will keep your animals regular routine in the comforts of thier own home and familiar neighborhood surroundings. When your pet knows they don’t have to leave home, the anxiety is greatly reduced when they see the suitcase’s come out.
2. Know Who Is in Your Home When choosing a pet sitter, it is extremely important to hire a professional with references and who is insured and bonded. When interviewing a pet-sitter, compile a list of important questions about previous work experience and ask for references We at Pueblo’s Best Pet Care always schedule a “get to know everyone meeting” before the actual dates of service. This is a great way to reduce any anxiety on Pet’s and owners.
3. Do Your Research and Set Your Standards The biggest question for any pet owner considering boarding or in-home care is “what will my animal do all day?” For home care, be sure to create a schedule and go over it with your pet sitter. This should include when and how your dog takes meals, medical information, a walk schedule, grooming needs and playtime and bedtime routines. In addition, have an emergency plan in place with important contact phone numbers and emergency meeting location. If your thinking of a kennel, ask the kennel to detail what your animal will be doing and what interaction your pet will have with other animals and with the kennel staff — and how long and how often. It is essential that the boarding facility pairs your pet with others of similar disposition and provides regular exercise and playtime rotations throughout the day. When looking at different kennels, observe the amount of dogs being boarded. Overcrowding can lead to aggressive behavior, which will ensure a difficult situation for both you and your pet. Before considering boarding, or Pet Sitters make sure your pet is up-to-date on all vaccines, including rabies, DHLPP and bordetella, and provide a spay/neuter verification.In our opinion the answer for comprehensive personalized care is, Pueblo’s Best Pet Care.
Pet Sitting,Dog Walking and Pet Care
On Saturday April 6th, we had the opportunity to give a short presentation to some of the pet owners living in the Pueblo Regent Senior Living Community. About ten residents joined us, most bringing their pets with them. We talked to them about pet care and pet safety in the home with regards to plants, foods and medications as well as safety hazards.
Most agreed that their pets did not get as much exercise living in an apartment as they would like them to have. We were able to explain how our dog walking services might be of a great benefit to them. We also explained how we are able to pick up their pets and transport them to the veterinarian or to a grooming appointment. Many who have no transportation of their own were delighted to hear about this “Pet Taxi” service.
We hope to do some pet sitting for these folks as they begin to make plans for visiting family and friends this summer. They were happy to hear that we will visit their special companions right in their own apartments, rather than placing them in a kennel.
It was a joy to meet each one and hear all about their cat or dog. We talked with them about how much of a difference these companions had made in their lives. We passed out some toys and treats for the pets and left newsletters as well as informational sheets for all of the residents.
We hope to be able to meet with pet owners in several other local Senior Living facilities in the near future !
As a cat owner you know they are painfully independent pets. You may wonder some days if your cat even remember who you are ! But the experts say cats do need and love human interaction – but always on their terms. Sometimes a cat will follow you all over the house. They don’t want food; they don’t need water. but will often meow until they get a belly rub or head scratch ! Why should you consider hiring a pet sitter for your cat or cats? Whether you are leaving town or you work a long shift, here are a few reasons why he needs in home pet care:
* An indoor cat cannot hunt for survival and must rely on someone to provide food and water for him.
*If left alone for days , even with adequate food and water, your cat will often become depressed or even destructive. Even cats in multiple cat homes need some human interaction on a regular basis.
*They need a pet sitter to play with and exercise with them.
* Indoor cats may be well trained to use a litter box, but they will never master the task of cleaning it themselves. For this, they will always need us.
* Your cat may become ill while left alone, or even have a household accident. Pet Sitters can be available to see that they get to the vet.
So, consider speaking to a professional pet care service about what your needs are as a responsible cat owner.
Your cat will appreciate the attention and care of a good pet sitter.
Colorado Department of
What a great place to adopt a dog !!
Did you know the Colorado Department of Corrections in Canon City has a program for rescue dogs? These dogs are inmate trained and then adopted into the community.
The PTKCP or “Prison Trained K-9 Companion Program”, began in 2002 at the womans facility and is now operating in eight different DOC facilities .The dogs come from shelters and rescues all over Colorado and surrounding states.
After receiving any veterinary care needed, including spay or neuter, the dogs are off to school. Dogs are crate and house trained, taught basic commands and good manners. Most importantly they are socialized with people and other dogs. When they graduate they are ready to be adopted for a $500 fee. Some dogs are even specially trained as service dogs to aid owners with special needs.The program receives no government funding and relies on the adoption fees and donations.
Take a minute to look at these fine graduates !
With the holidays approaching, many travelers will be doing so with their pets along. responsible pet care means following a few rules to ensure the entire
family gets to enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas trips out of town. Safe pet transportation is essential.
One of the most important things a pet owner can do is to restrain pets when traveling in anautomobile. This not only keeps the pet from distracting the driver, but protects them from injury in the case of a sudden impact. Never let your pet ride in your lap or in the
passenger seat. Air bags can be deadly to a dog orcat. Never allow your dog to ride in the back of an open pickup. A large unrestrained pet, like an unrestrained item, can inflict serious injury to both driver and passengers. A special secure harness designed for
dogs or a secured kennel for either a dog or cat is very safest way for them to ride along.
Plan on frequent stops for feeding and watering and be sure you take a few minutes for dog walking. If you’re traveling with a cat, stop for some human interaction time.Pets get bored and anxious just like kids on a road trip. Just the sound of your voice will be a comfort to them.
Remember, if you are going out of town for any length of time, you can always call a professional pet sitter to care for your pets in your own home while you are gone.